NYC Experience Across the River
- MOD Pizza Multiple U.S. Locations Spreading MODness – it’s what MOD Pizza (which stands for Made on Demand) is all about – a pioneering fast-casual restaurant. They offer individual, artisan-style pizzas with a concept that focuses “more on the people than the pizza.” The interior of each MOD restaurant is unique and showcases locally inspired elements including custom artwork designed by local artists. The decor and layout of MOD restaurants is simple and functional, as they strive to be a family-friendly restaurant. Each MOD restaurant includes a “wall of fame,” which focuses on employees and customers that have made a difference in their local community. MOD Pizza, which more than doubled its size over the past three years, was named the fastest-growing major chain in the entire restaurant industry by Nation’s Restaurant News.
- Homepark Food Store Chengdu, China Wanting to tap into the context of the projects location, Chengdu a city with an illustrious history covering more than 2,300 years, CRTKL took its inspiration for the design of Chengdu Homepark from the historical landscape painting “Along the River during the Qingming Festival”. Despite its age, the painting remains relevant today, as it depicts all levels of society celebrating and conversing, and it led the team to a concept based on the aesthetics of everyday life in the Song dynasty. The design team was particularly inspired by a bridge at the center of the painting, as it acts as a main social hub where market vendors and townspeople gather. The design strategy was to lay out the market to encourage people to slow down, meander through different areas, and enjoy the fully immersive experience. Custom designed icons and banners are inspired by the painting and its brushstroke pattern, while the banner color palette was inspired by blue porcelain “Ru Ware,” a renowned and extremely rare type of pottery from the Song dynasty.
- Honey Baked Ham Alpharetta, Georgia The butcher meets the deli.
- Capital One Georgetown Washington, D.C. The neighborhood hangout.
- 7-Eleven Lab Store Dallas, Texas An evolution from convenience to curation.
- Food Hall at Crockett Row Fort Worth, Texas Innovative dining in a casual environment.
- Boulud Sud Miami Miami, Florida Mediterranean meets Miami.
- JA Jiaozi Authentic Irvine, California Traditional with a twist.