Spreading MODness – it’s what MOD Pizza (which stands for Made on Demand) is all about – a pioneering fast-casual restaurant. They offer individual, artisan-style pizzas with a concept that focuses “more on the people than the pizza.”
- Homepark Food Store Chengdu, China Wanting to tap into the context of the projects location, Chengdu a city with an illustrious history covering more than 2,300 years, CRTKL took its inspiration for the design of Chengdu Homepark from the historical landscape painting “Along the River during the Qingming Festival”. Despite its age, the painting remains relevant today, as it depicts all levels of society celebrating and conversing, and it led the team to a concept based on the aesthetics of everyday life in the Song dynasty. The design team was particularly inspired by a bridge at the center of the painting, as it acts as a main social hub where market vendors and townspeople gather. The design strategy was to lay out the market to encourage people to slow down, meander through different areas, and enjoy the fully immersive experience. Custom designed icons and banners are inspired by the painting and its brushstroke pattern, while the banner color palette was inspired by blue porcelain “Ru Ware,” a renowned and extremely rare type of pottery from the Song dynasty.
- The Porter at Port Imperial Weehawken, NJ NYC Experience Across the River The Porter at Port Imperial is an authentic and modern gastro pub that combines approachable food with elevated ingredients. Its open kitchen concept allows chefs to showcase their artistry while consumers can feed their curiosity within a welcoming environment. While the restaurant is across the Hudson river in New Jersey, the owners wanted to create a truly New York City experience for diners. CallisonRTKL developed a hand-crafted logo inspired by a ship’s round porthole, referencing the site’s history as a nautical port and reflecting of the casual gastropub concept. It’s a flexible identity kit that can be used for a wide range of media. Additionally, the firm worked closely with interior design team to seamlessly integrate exterior signage and interior environmental graphics into a space full of modern colors, layered textures and soft seating. The restaurant creates a magnetic environment that locals will want to visit from morning coffee to cocktail hour.
- Honey Baked Ham Alpharetta, Georgia The butcher meets the deli.
- Capital One Georgetown Washington, D.C. The neighborhood hangout.
- 7-Eleven Lab Store Dallas, Texas An evolution from convenience to curation.
- Food Hall at Crockett Row Fort Worth, Texas Innovative dining in a casual environment.
- Boulud Sud Miami Miami, Florida Mediterranean meets Miami.
- JA Jiaozi Authentic Irvine, California Traditional with a twist.