Neiman Marcus’ new Fort Worth location opens to the public Friday, Feb. 10 at The Shops at Clearfork. The store’s prior location at Ridgmar Mall closed on Jan. 28. Neiman Marcus Fort Worth partnered with several companies including CallisonRTKL to create a modern 21st century icon through the use of local inspiration and innovative technology. The nearly 95,000-SF store features numerous exclusive vendors, exciting new services, an NM Cafe, a new open-sell concept in Cosmetics and private spa rooms enhancing the overall customer experience.
Neiman Marcus Fort Worth’s interior, designed by CallisonRTKL, holds closely to Fort Worth’s rich heritage by offering a bright and inviting ambiance for customers, reflective of the Clearfork development. To mirror the modern spirit innate to Fort Worth, culturally significant items evoking the history of Fort Worth were reinterpreted for the approachable space. Throughout the store, textures such as rope, leather and rebar are used in new and unusual ways that invite closer inspection. A hallmark of all Neiman Marcus stores, the use of light and air allows the customer to feel comfortable and provides a perfect setting for Neiman Marcus’ distinctive edit of beautiful goods.
- Inspired by environmental textures from the store’s surrounding, leather and suede wrapped panels create an open floor-to-ceiling divider, identifying Men’s Shoes amidst The Man’s Store. The banks and bunkers in both Men’s Shoes and the Ladies Shoe Salon depart from the slick and smooth and instead offer a raw, burned wood texture complete with modern and bold cowhide inspired bolsters. Rebar shelves and powder-coated metal work, resembling the continuous lines found in metal branding irons, are found throughout The Man’s Store.
- Silver wood grain DyNoC dons the Designer Jewelry banks, while an innovative perimeter created with metal chain provides a transparent curtain as a background to the merchandise in the Ladies Shoe Salon. This dynamic oval, inspired by the Fort Worth Water Gardens, appears to be pouring from the ceiling.
- The Presentation Room is a true jewel box of a space, with the dramatic wall coverings and cozy nature providing a perfectly private space to try options from the Precious Jewels Salon.
- On the second level, CUSP/Contemporary is differentiated not only by CallisonRTKL’s bold use of materials, but by a slight rotation of angles for all flooring, ceiling and wall partitions. This area is highlighted by The Girlfriend Room, an intimate area designed for friends to discuss clothing options and use Neiman Marcus’ iconic Memory Mirror.
- Artist Richard Bettinger covered the walls outside of the NM Cafe with tumbleweed-inspired art, and wide, circular swaths evoke swift motion across the walls.
CallisonRTKL is a global architecture, planning and design practice. Over the last 70 years, we have created some of the world’s most memorable and successful environments for developers, retailers, investors, institutions and public entities. Our work has set us apart as the number one retail design firm in the world and a top-five architecture practice across multiple disciplines and sectors. Under the Arcadis umbrella, we continue to expand our sphere of influence and the depth and breadth of our resources. Our team of nearly 2,000 professionals around the world is committed to advancing our clients’ businesses and enhancing quality of life. callisonrtkl.com